Thursday, July 17, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away!



I really enjoy going to the park and walking. Not only do I get the view of the water and generally nice weather, it is nice to have someone to walk and talk with. I seem to walk much further there than in the gym.

A good friend of mine and I planned on going to the park yesterday but it was raining again, so we went to the gym. I got on the elliptical and that machine kicked my butt! By time I went a mile, I was drenched in sweat. (I normally don't sweat!) HA!

Then I got on the treadmill and walked/ran another mile. By the time I had two miles in I was exhausted. We left and I mentioned that I like going to the park to walk because the time goes by so much faster. I feel like I got a better workout in the gym though. I wonder if walking casually five miles is any less or more beneficial than going to the gym and doing two miles and getting drenched in sweat?

No comments: